Friday, November 15, 2013

home-coming!

books. i dont know when they started protecting me. protecting me from everthing i feared. my books made me who i am. yet i've been away. i never said a word to them and i just left. and now i came back. came full circle to the pale beige walls and the wooden shelves.... the room lit with sunlight streaming in through thin off-white cuRtain... and rows and shelves of books. all kinds of books. old and new and dusty and clean.they were my friends and they knew me. "I soon possessed myself of a volume, taking care that it should be one stored with pictures. I mounted into the window-seat: gathering up my feet, I sat cross-legged, like a Turk; and, having drawn the red moreen curtain nearly close, I was shrined in double retirement."( Jane Eyre)
i stayed there ,hidden, with the leather bound, golden engraved friends who stood there like walls around me. holding within my pride, knowledge, my soul and every emotion ever felt. it was like i was home, after a storm had tried to take away my inside from me and shake me down to nothing.i was replenished and revived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment